Do you love to cook healthy meals? Are you looking for a rewarding work atmosphere? Kids’ Zone Learning Center is in search of a Chef who can prepare delicious and nutritious meals for our students.
Kids’ Zone Learning Center is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through elementary-aged school age.
- Creating healthy, balanced meals and snacks in our commercial kitchen. (no nights or weekends required)
- Ensuring that each meal is ready to be served when scheduled
- Conducting inventory counts and placing food orders as appropriate
- Maintaining an orderly, clean, and safe kitchen area at all times, including the proper maintenance of equipment
- Keeping facilities, food, and kitchen compliant with all school, local, and other rules and regulations
- Preparing food for special occasions as required
- Assist in the collection and cleaning of classroom silverware/dinnerware after each meal
- Providing support in classrooms during downtime
- Assisting with other job functions as necessary
Desired skills and experience:
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care and food service regulatory agencies
- Ability to relate positively to young children is essential
- Previous experience in quantity food preparation is preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations
Kids’ Zone Learning Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply Now for Chef